Do you love social media and social justice? Together Films is looking for a proactive Social Media Executive to produce innovative social media campaigns for our roster of exciting film festival and film clients.
Location: New York or UK (remote and office working, with flexible office hours). Please let us know your location and any flexible requests upon application.
Term: Permanent with six-month probationary period
Salary: UK based £24,000 to £30,000 / USA based $40,000 to $45,000
Hours: 40 hours per week. Occasional out-of-hours work on evenings and weekends may be required.
Start Date: ASAP
Application Closing Date: 12 October, 2022
Interviews Taking Place: w/c 17 October, 2022
To Apply: Please complete this application form. It asks you to include your CV, and answer a few questions that help us get to know you and learn about your skillset. You also have the option to upload a quick introduction video of yourself.
About Together Films
Together Films are leaders in the Social Impact Entertainment space. We provide Strategy, Marketing, Impact, International Sales, Distribution, and Technical services to the film and television industries, and brands who share our commitment to social responsibility. We are based in London and New York, but we serve clients worldwide.
We believe that a film doesn’t exist until an audience has seen it. Our vision is a creative sector driven by collaboration, transparency and insight, to ensure great work gets seen.
Previous film campaigns have included the Oscar-nominated FOR SAMA, the Oscar long-listed UNREST; ROLL RED ROLL, BATTLEGROUND, TO THE END, CODED BIAS, THE 8TH and 2040. Our industry clients include the Human Rights Watch Film Festival, DOC NYC, Sheffield DocFest & the Athena Film Festival. Our work has been funded by leading partners including the Ford Foundation and the BFI.
We manage a slate of impact distribution campaigns for up to ten documentary films each year and we now are looking for a key person to grow this offering and manage a high volume of screening events for upcoming US-focussed campaigns.
About the Role
Together Films are looking for a confident and proactive social media executive with demonstrable experience in creating engaging social media campaigns. The Social Media Executive will be the ‘voice of the company’ by writing and publishing content for the Together Films owned channels, and will manage social media accounts for a number of our clients throughout the year including film festivals in the UK and USA, and dedicated film accounts for the impact films we service.
The successful candidate will be a digital strategist, a persuasive copywriter with an attention to detail, and a creative designer of social media assets. They will have their finger on the pulse of the latest digital trends across all social platforms with a will to beat the algorithm. They must take an analytical approach with an impetus for measuring and proving ROI. As a social content producer, we are looking for a keen copywriter who can effortlessly adapt tone of voice to suit the audience of different campaigns. The candidate must be motivated to reach campaign goals but also be inspired by having a direct and positive influence on Human Rights and the Climate Crisis, and other urgent global issues. The candidate would ideally, but not necessarily, have a keen interest in documentary film and the wider film industry.
The Social Media Executive will work closely with Together Films’ Head of Impact and Client Management and Head of Digital Marketing and the research teams at Together Films.
- Create innovative social media campaigns for our roster of film festival and film clients across channels including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and TikTok, plus other platforms.
- Be ‘the voice’ of Together Films by regularly posting engaging content that celebrates our company identity and showcase the work we do.
- Be proactive in building digital communities and using Social Listening to keep up with relevant online conversations.
- Be on top of the latest social and digital trends with the will to beat the algorithm, and work in a culture of continuous improvement.
- Succeed in reaching both impact and commercial goals by being an innovative digital strategist.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- With the Head of Digital Marketing, create and execute a social media strategy for the Together Films brand across all our platforms.
- Regularly write copy, and prepare social media content (graphics, AV assets) for a Social Content Calendar, and schedule using tools such as Brandwatch (formerly Falcon).
- Working closely with Head of Digital Marketing and Head of Impact, to devise an innovative social media strategy at the start of each of our client campaigns.
- Design social media assets including graphics and videos optimized for each social platform.
- Create blogs and website editorials for social media posts.
- Create a Social Media Content Calendar for each campaign, scheduling and publishing content.
- Track social media performance on a daily basis and be proactive in adapting content or messaging based on learnings.
- Attend on the ground events to capture social moments including live tweeting Q&As and audience reactions. These will include film festivals and screenings throughout the year.
- Set up and manage live social moments including Instagram Lives, Twitter Spaces and Facebook Live events.
- Work with the wider Together Films team to share insights on our channels, and assist with any other digital marketing tasks.
- At least 18 months experience managing Social Media business accounts
- Demonstrable success creating innovative social media content and copywriting
- Proven experience in data analytics and reports on social campaigns
- Experience covering social for live events
- Experience using Facebook Business Manager and running ad campaigns.
- Experience using CRM
- Experience using Social Listening tools
- Customer service experience
- Existing knowledge of impact and film industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication sales skills
- Analytical mindset
- Accurate attention to detail
- Proficient in design, requirement to create graphics and video content for social media using Canva and Adobe Photoshop.
- Time management
- Digital marketing
- Team player
- Social media management and listening tools, such as Falcon and Brandwatch
- Design, Adobe Photoshop, Canva.
- Video editing
- CRM platforms
- Google Suite
- Project management/collaboration – ClickUp, Slack, Favro or similar
- Time tracking platforms
- Survey products or forms
- Flexible work environment (remote working) & membership of a shared working space in New York
- A Time off in Lieu system for busy periods
- A generous 25 days of holiday per annum plus US National holidays
- August Summer Fridays (leave at 3pm)
- Employee Assistance Programme including free therapy for you and close family members
- The opportunity to work with award-winning film talent, who have premiered at top tier festivals with a focus on films that are raising awareness of the important social issues of our time, and socially conscious brands that are using their power to deliver impact at scale
- Learning and Development budget for you to use as you need, on courses, screenings, film festivals that you think will improve your ability to deliver
- A friendly hard-working team that is passionate about what we do
Together Films is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applications from women, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), LGBTQI+ and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams.