Together Films is looking for an Executive Assistant to support the CEO and Director of Operations.
Location: Ideally London (UK) based. Hybrid (remote and office) working, with flexible office bases available in London. Please let us know your location and any flexible work requests upon application.
Term: Part-Time Employment (6 month rolling contract), with 2 month probation period.
Salary: £27,000 to £32,500 per annum pro rata
Hours: 15-20 hours per week (ideally spread as 3 to 4 hrs per day). Occasional out-of-hours work on evenings and weekends may be required. The role may expand after 6 months. We can discuss the current timeline at interview stage.
Start Date: ASAP, ideally in November 2022
Application Closing Date: 28 Oct, 2022
Interviews Taking Place: w/c 3 Nov, 2022
To Apply: Please complete this application form. It asks you to include your CV, and answer a few questions that help us get to know you and learn about your skillset. You also have the option to upload a quick introduction video of yourself.
About Together Films
Together Films are leaders in the Social Impact Entertainment space. We provide Strategy, Marketing, Impact, International Sales, Distribution, and Technical services to the film and television industries, and brands who share our commitment to social responsibility. We are based in London and New York, but we serve clients worldwide.
We believe that a film doesn’t exist until an audience has seen it. Our vision is a creative sector driven by collaboration, transparency and insight, to ensure great work gets seen.
Previous film campaigns have included the Oscar-nominated FOR SAMA, the Oscar long-listed UNREST; ROLL RED ROLL, BATTLEGROUND, TO THE END, CODED BIAS, THE 8TH and 2040. Our industry clients include the Human Rights Watch Film Festival, DOC NYC, Sheffield DocFest & the Athena Film Festival. Our work has been funded by leading partners including the Ford Foundation and the BFI.
We manage a slate of impact distribution campaigns for up to ten documentary films each year and we now are looking for a key person to grow this offering and manage a high volume of screening events for upcoming US-focussed campaigns.
About the Role
This new role comes at a crucial time of growth for Together Films. Your main objective is to support our Founder & CEO and Director of Operations on key tasks, freeing up their time to ensure our strategic investment, business development and campaign objectives are delivered. This is not an entry level role, the Executive Assistant is responsible for supporting day-to-day activities undertaken by our CEO & Director of Operations, by providing full and confidential administrative and personal assistance as required. This includes complex diary management, the preparation and proof-reading of reports and presentations, HR and office support. Given the demands of the CEO’s schedule, including frequent international travel, we require someone who is able to work autonomously and flexibly.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the CEO’s inbox: reviewing correspondence and drafting communications with a variety of stakeholders (including funders, clients & partners).
- Manage the CEO’s diary; coordinating internal and external meetings.
- Preparation of clear agendas and minute-taking for key meetings.
- Coordinate travel agendas and arrangements for the team, creating detailed travel itineraries and visa applications (where appropriate).
- Collect receipts and complete and submit CEO expenses (and other staff when required) to ensure timely reconciliation of all expenses. The role requires using the Xero accounting software (for which we can provide training upon selection).
- Apply intelligent and analytic thought to the preparation and proofreading of presentation materials and board presentations (including video, music, web content where required).
- Liaise with other Together Films staff to ensure regular and consistent communication over company deliverables. Ensuring that the CEO has an accurate ‘Birds Eye View’ of key project status each week.
- Liaise with Together Films clients and stakeholders when requested to ensure timely updates on project delivery and company wide announcements periodically.
- Organise and maintain the GDrive filing system to ensure all staff and external stakeholders have access to the right documents at all times.
- Support and monitor the Together Films CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system to ensure contacts are kept up to date. (Prior experience on this area preferred, but training can be provided upon selection).
- Draft communication and marketing text for company announcements.
- Update the Together Films website as required.
- Provide ad hoc personal support to the CEO on minimal non-work related activities where required.
- Support HR operations including monitoring contract renewal dates, coordinating team days, organising gifts for team members (birthdays, project wins etc) and organising team social events.
- Support the hiring process including sharing job specs externally, reviewing incoming CVs, booking interviews and notifying candidates.
- Office Management support including meeting room bookings, overseeing branding design and supplies and couriers.
- Cover email accounts when team members are out of the office, especially any relating to customer service.
- Support accounting requirements including holiday allocations, expense reports & report delivery.
- Support CRM requirements including monitoring Business Development pipelines & data entry.
- Provide ad hoc administration and project support on a varied basis dependent on the needs of the wider team throughout the year. This may include research tasks, audience engagement activities, social media scheduling, website updates (blog etc), event management support depending on the client brief. Some of this may be events on evenings and weekends, with prior notice given.
- Demonstrable Executive / Personal Assistant experience. We are seeking a committed individual who is a systems / process powerhouse. This is not a creative role, but your detail-oriented work and ability to streamline processes will ensure the wider team can deliver impressive output for our partners and clients.
- Experience in HR or accounting would be beneficial
- Minimum GCSE Maths & English.
- Experience working in a small business environment, where everyone plays a vital role. We are all hands on deck, and have to be adaptive to switch between projects at a pace.
- Experience of project management software would be advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, using a methodical approach to ensure all aspects of a task or project are anticipated and dealt with.
- Excellent organisational, analytical and administrative skills.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude to work, you see the value in your work and how you empower the rest of the team by keeping things in order
- Tact and diplomacy, especially around client communication, and self confidence to deal with senior stakeholders on a frequent basis.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise and be flexible to ensure all company deadlines are kept.
- Resilient, respectful and resourceful – must be able to work effectively with minimum supervision, and anticipate needs ahead of time.
- Good communication skills with the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels
- An interest in film and television is desirable, but this can be from a consumer perspective, not necessarily a prior corporate position.
- Excellent working knowledge of Google Sheets; Microsoft Word & Excel and Mac systems. Ideally have used the following programmes: Slack (Communication), ClickUp (Project Management) and Xero (Accounting). You will have some proficiency using database systems in the past. Training will be provided on all systems, but we need to know that you are process oriented.
- You are passionate about your role, want to have fun at work whilst delivering great results, and enjoy the closeness of a small team environment.
- Flexible work environment (remote working) & membership of a shared working space in New York
- A Time off in Lieu system for busy periods
- A generous 25 days of holiday per annum plus US National holidays
- August Summer Fridays (leave at 3pm)
- Employee Assistance Programme including free therapy for you and close family members
- The opportunity to work with award-winning film talent, who have premiered at top tier festivals with a focus on films that are raising awareness of the important social issues of our time, and socially conscious brands that are using their power to deliver impact at scale
- Learning and Development budget for you to use as you need, on courses, screenings, film festivals that you think will improve your ability to deliver
- A friendly hard-working team that is passionate about what we do
Together Films is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applications from women, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), LGBTQI+ and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams.